Thursday, March 10, 2011

Podcast

Even though I found many, many podcasts in my search on I-tunes, I had a hard time finding something that I could really see myself using with kindergartners. I noticed many podcasts had not been updated in along time, some even years.

I subscribed to the Story Home of Children's Audio Stories.

I really liked this podcast. It has a variety of stories that could be used in the kindergarten classroom. The stories range from fairy tales like The Three Little Pigs and The Little Red Hen among many others. The story teller reads with good expression and a variety of voices for his characters. Most of the stories are under ten minutes in length so could esaily be used in conjunction with a literature selection in the classroom and hold the children's attention. These could even be used as an independent work station activity for children at the listening station. After listening, children could sequence the stories or even write a literature response.

** Side note:
I have not had any prior experience with podcasting before. The school I just transferred to has been podacsting for several years. This is the link for Radio Willow Web and has a variety of podcasts made by kids for kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment